Our High Grade Blueberry Natural Flavoured Matcha comes from Uji, Kyoto, and is a first harvest, spring tea blended with natural sweet blueberry flavour.
What is Matcha?
Matcha comes from the Camellia sinensis plant. However, it’s grown differently and has a unique nutrient profile. Farmers grow matcha by covering their tea plants 20–30 days before harvest to avoid direct sunlight. This increases chlorophyll production, boosts the amino acid content, and gives the plant a darker green hue. Once the tea leaves are harvested, the stems and veins are removed and the leaves are ground up into a fine powder known as matcha. Matcha contains the nutrients from the entire tea leaf, which results in a greater amount of caffeine and antioxidants than typically found in green tea.
Benefits of Matcha:
- This stone ground matcha green tea powder has several strengthening properties, protecting the body from environmental stressors*
- More effective than regular green tea, this powder has been known to enhance metabolic rates*
- Matcha has been touted as providing long-lasting, clean energy – without the crash and anti-inflammatory*
- Superfood: One glass of matcha green tea is equal to the amount of nutrition found in 10 cups of regular green tea.
- One cup of matcha contains 6 times the antioxidants in goji berries, 7 times the antioxidants in dark chocolate, 17 times more antioxidants than blueberries, and 60 times the antioxidants found in spinach.
How To use:
- For one cup, scoop 1½ teaspoons (about 2 grams) of matcha powder into your strainer.
- Sift your matcha powder into your tea bowl, swirling the powder around the strainer. This will help ensure there are no clumps in your tea.
- Pour boiling water (about 2 ounces) into a teacup, then let it cool down for about a minute). Carefully pour the hot water into the bowl with the matcha powder.
- Use your whisk to combine your tea. Whisk for about 10–15 seconds until the tea is bright green and smooth.
- Carefully pour your matcha into a teacup.
Green Tea, Natural Blueberry flavour